Tuesday, November 13, 2012

14th Street Exclamation

I wanna say ghost crumple but fear the retribution for assuming something other than something I vaguely remember no that's a downright lie as flagrant as a flag flapping in defiance I remember so well as if branded by that moment scalded by my focus your post-coital scent and that smile in both your eyes and your own cascading laughter the honest laugh done in private when truly experiencing wonder and the baby smell in the crater where your neck joins your skull to that body your body young and heavenly unspoilt like a river's passion cresting itself and returning to your carefully manicured shores I wanna say paper cut but anticipate the ache the burn that will cause me my body my brain my heart we called it spleen in previous times something other in the future no doubt in my mind my heart my body the echo of recollection of a different color and a different flavor than the original worn into something other by the abrasions of both time and nostalgia a different shape all together taken by this memory but its intensity a twin identical and more perfect in reflection of your reflection in a sunlit moment the denim blue of curtains unable to contain the refraction sliced delicate by the broad leaves and your bare skin still glowing from a washing and a shaving and you are lost in your own reflection humming songs and curling your hair bleached shocking white with blonde intention natural roots so Nancy Spungen but more or less that much more careless and ruthless a thing you were in that moment only I couldn't and didn't know it I wanna say please just leave it, but I daren't and I shouldn't and at the time I couldn't couldn't bear to think it but really just like cancer I just knew it and I didn't and you didn't and we stood there and I wanna say we let it but we didn't and it happened and now it's just reflection recollection and despair

No comments:

Post a Comment